For 38 years, Kathy Cole has been one of the Vail Valley’s Top Real Estate Brokers, having been a Broker Associate with Coldwell Banker for 37 of those years. Her drive and ambition to help Buyers and Sellers achieve their optimum outcome has become renowned within her circle of friends, peers and clients. She places an emphasis on detail and getting the job done in the most effective and professional manner possible. As well, her many years in Real Estate has made her one of the most knowledgeable Brokers in all aspects of Buying and Selling property, in all price ranges, within the Vail Valley. As such, Kathy has, consistently, been among the Top 5% of Coldwell Banker Agents Worldwide.
Kathy has been involved in all areas of Real Estate since first obtaining her license in 1982. She has earned top awards within the Coldwell Banker Corporation Worldwide; having received the “International President’s Premier (Top 1%) Award”, “International President’s Elite (Top 2%) Award” and the “International President’s Circle (Top 5%) Award” various times throughout her career. As well, as recently as 2014, she was the #3 Individual Broker Associate for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Colorado. She was a Broker Owner, and Managing Broker, for Coldwell Banker Timberline Real Estate in the Vail Valley; and, currently, is the Broker Manager for Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties, Vail.
Kathy has been actively involved in both local, regional and national Real Estate, having been a Past President of the Vail Board of Realtors and named “Realtor of the Year” by that same Board. She has been active on various committees within the Colorado Association of Realtors (CAR) and the National Association of Realtors (NAR). She was a Senior Faculty Member for the Colorado Association of Realtors for 22 years as well as having been instrumental in helping to develop the “Resort Committee and Resort Designation” within NAR.
Most real estate agents work alone, performing the dozens of tasks required to complete a transaction. However, Kathy has adopted a Team concept, being the Team Leader of the Cole Luxury Team. The additional members on her Team help provide complete coverage of all aspects of a transaction, leading to an “Exceptional Real Estate Experience”.
Kathy contributes her unparalleled success to her diligence in working hard for her clients; keeping them informed, from the beginning stages-to-the culmination of their transaction.
international president’s elite award
Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
CLHMS million dollar guild
Trulia’s Top Real Estate agents in colorado
international president’s elite award
Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
CLHMS million dollar guild
Trulia’s Top Real Estate agents in colorado
Credentials & Memberships
- Colorado Real Estate License 1982
- Colorado Broker’s License 1986
- Graduate, REALTOR Institute (GRI) Designation 1987
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) Designation 1989
- Leadership Training Graduate (LTG) Designation 1991
- Transnational Referral Certification (TRC) 2004
- Resort and Second Home Property Specialist Certification (RSPS) 2007
- e-PRO Certification (e-PRO) 2008
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) 2013
- Coldwell Banker Systems Orientation Panel Member 1995
- Coldwell Banker Previews Property Specialist Designation 1996
- Coldwell Banker Resort Property Specialist Designation 1998
- International President’s Circle Award Winner – Top 5% of Coldwell Banker Agents Worldwide
- International President’s Elite Award Winner – Top 2% of Coldwell Banker Agents Worldwide
- International President’s Premier Award Winner – Top 1% of Coldwell Banker Agents Worldwide
- #3 Individual Broker Associate in 2014, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Colorado
- #10 Partnership in 2015, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Colorado
- Coldwell Banker President’s Circle Partnership Award Winners 2015
- Vail Board of Realtors’ “Realtor of the Year” 1993
- Colorado Association of Realtors’ Faculty Member 1990-2012
- Colorado Association of Realtors’ Mountain District Distinguished Service Award Winner 2000
- National Association of Realtors’ Resort and Second Home Committee Member 2004-2011
- National Association of Realtor’s Presidential Advisory Group Member for Resort Real Estate at two PAG meetings in 2002
- Joined Coldwell Banker Timberline Real Estate, Inc. as Sales Associate in 1983
- Became a Broker Associate with Coldwell Banker Timberline Real Estate, Inc. in 1986
- Became a Broker Associate/Owner of Coldwell Banker Timberline Real Estate, Inc. in 1993
- Managing Broker of Coldwell Banker Timberline Real Estate, Inc. 2004-2011
- Broker Associate & Managing Broker of Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties 2011-2012
- Broker Associate with Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties 2012-2014
- Broker Associate & Employing Broker of Coldwell Banker Devonshire 2014-2016
- Broker Associate with Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties 2016-June 2019
- Broker Manager with Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties June 2019
- Vail Board of Realtors’ President 1995-1996
- Vail Board of Realtors’ Western Mountain Resort Alliance (WMRA) Trustee 1997-2014
- Colorado Association of Realtors’ International Committee Vice-Chairperson 2000-2002
- Colorado Association of Realtors’ Director 1994-1997 & 1998-1999
- Colorado Association of Realtors’ Mountain District Vice-President 1997-1998 & 1999-2000
- National Association of Realtors’ 2008 Chairperson for the Resort and Second Home Forum
- Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival Guild Member 1999-2005
- Horse Mountain Ranch Metropolitan District Trustee 2001-Present
- Horse Mountain Ranch Metropolitan District Secretary/Treasurer 2001-Present
- Horse Mountain Estates Homeowners Association Director 2001-2004, 2012-Present
- Horse Mountain Estates Homeowners Design Review Board Member 2001-2009, 2016-Present
- Danvid Townhouses West Homeowners Association Treasurer 2001-Present
Kathy Cole and her team did a marvelous job in selling our property. Her energy and dynamism is second to none. She priced our home fairly, created an amazing marketing program and accomplished a firm contract in what seemed a matter of days. I would highly recommend Kathy and her team should you desire to sell or buy in the Vail Valley.
We worked with Kathy Cole to purchase a home in Vail. What a great experience with a wonderful realtor and woman. We greatly benefited from her knowledge of the area and appreciated that she took the time to get to know us, our preferences and what we were looking for. Throughout the process Kathy was always available and responsive to our questions and concerns. She has continued to share resources and her expertise which has been a huge benefit working with her and her great team. I have already referred her to a friend and will continue to do so.
Kathy came to us as a referral as we were not familiar with the area we were moving to. She was a stranger that quickly became a valued connection. She shared her vast knowledge of the area as we drove from house to house. She was very detail oriented when it came to paperwork, connecting with affiliated parties, and even final walk through. Kathy and her team were fantastic the whole way through, I highly recommend them!
Kathy Cole is one of the best real estate agents in the Vail Valley. When I wanted to list my home she jumped right in, took the reins and sold it in a month for my asking price! Kathy is a full-service realtor including watering my plants and flowers while I went on a trip. I would recommend Kathy Cole to all my friends because she really knows the real estate business in the Vail valley.
Kathy did a fabulous job of staging and marketing our house. Every detail was just right. She also did an excellent job of picking a price point that generated a lot of interest right of the bat. This was important to us because we had already signed a contract on a new home and we did not have a lot of time to test the market. The deal Kathy negotiated on the timing of the sale of our current home and the purchase of the new home could not have been better. We closed the end of July on our current house, the first week in August at the new house and we lived rent free in the current house for the month of August which made moving very easy. Things I really appreciated about Kathy were: 1.She was very responsive to concerns and questions, usually returning calls within a few minutes. 2. She was very good about keeping track and reminding us of what needed to be done and when. 3. She was a hard worker always keeping her commitments even when she had to work long hours to do it.
Kathy and her team were wonderful to deal with. Kathy is compassionate, diligent, knowledgeable, organized and proactive. She helped me sell my late father’s condo. I am out of the state and needed someone I could trust. It was effortless to work with her and she kept me updated at every step of the way. Highly recommend!!
Kathy and her team did an amazing job. They took on the challenges presented to them with respect to existing rental agreements and helped us find needed resources to address issues discovered through the selling process. This was especially important due to us being out of state. Thanks for everything you and your team did to keep things moving ahead.
We had a very good experience working with Kathy Cole. She knows the market in Vail and has an energy and drive that makes things happen. She was always prompt in keeping us appraised on what was taking place related to our property. We would definitely recommend her services.
Kathy Cole was Amazing! She was extremely knowledgeable about the local market, the process of buying a condo and was lovely to work with. She made this process super easy and since it was my first time buying a home, I also felt very comfortable and safe with her showing me the way. She did a very thorough research to find out as much information as possible about the condo. She was always in touch and very quick with answering questions and making sure all the deadlines proceeded according to plan. She gave great advice during the negotiations and helped to get me the best possible deals. Her and her associate helped take care of all the key paperwork and communicated well with the seller realtor. I would highly highly recommend her to anyone looking for a place in the Vail valley.
Kathy Cole and her assistant Heather Erickson are true professionals. Kathy gets the job done and when not there, Heather pitches in to make sure whatever needs to be accomplished is done. They give wonderful customer service in an efficient manner and keep communication open and immediate. I could not have been more pleased with the selling of my condo at full price in approximately ONE day!
I have known Kathy Cole for over 30 years, having met her when we began skiing in Vail in 1985. Kathy showed us condo properties then, and kept in touch annually, then in 2002 we trusted Kathy to find us a mountain condo that we could purchase. After owning property in Beaver Creek for 16 years we decided to sell, and Kathy is outstanding in all areas of Colorado vacation home real estate…buying and selling!! We also own second homes in the eastern US, and would absolutely recommend Kathy Cole!!
Kathy did an excellent job arranging the purchase of my condo in Vail. I was an out of town buyer familiar with Vail and this building. Her staff was very attentive and helpful arranging inspections, repairs and keeping to the timeline. Well done!
We interviewed several real estate agents and selected Kathy Cole because of her impressive market knowledge, excellent reputation and aggressive approach to sales. We were NOT disappointed! We sold our condo in about one month for nearly listed price. We could not be happier with Kathy’s performance. We would highly recommend her to any buyer or seller.
Kathy and her Assistant, Heather, were extremely professional, knowledgeable and thorough with the marketing and sale of our property at Lion Square Lodge. Kathy knows the Vail Valley quite well having been in it for 30 plus years. She knew where to advertise, how to advertise and had a 6th sense about what it would take for the sale. We chose her because she added a personal hometown touch vs just another Listing approach. Both myself and my wife recommend her highly. It took only 28 days to sell our property.
Kathy went the extra mile in every part of the process, attentive, always easy to relate to and a sunny disposition. She stood out from other listing brokers, convincing us getting the listing was important to her. Her pricing advice was flawless, we had an offer in much less than we expected. Kathy negotiated well and made the process painless. Finally, her post sale support, and that of her team, was amazing, attending to the details of moving out. Kathy really provides an advantage.
Kathy Cole did a wonderful job in getting our house sold quickly. Her expert local knowledge, professionalism, and responsiveness were outstanding. I would recommend Kathy Cole to anyone who is looking to buy or sell a home in the Vail Valley.
Kathy was fantastic helping us find a second home/income property. We had always vacationed in Vail Valley, but were unfamiliar with the Real Estate situation when we wanted to find an income property to generate short term rentals. Kathy gave us a great initial understanding of the areas to look and quickly narrowed down a few locations based on our requirements. It was a quick 2-3 months, and we were under contract with the perfect property for us in a location we didn’t imagine we’d find in our price range. Kathy was extremely accessible through the process and very pleasant along the way.
Kathy was recommended to us by a close friend who used the Cole Team to purchase and then eight years later sell a condominium in Vail. Kathy knows and has a deep understanding of the Vail real estate market. She is responsive, easy to work with and has the buyer’s best interests front and center.
Kathy, Heather & the Cole Luxury Team are just the best – we couldn’t be happier with their services and they are an absolute pleasure to work with! They have an amazing attention to detail – and did not leave any stone un-turned! They are very proactive, and place a high value on communication. They respond to messages promptly, and kept us updated every step of the way – which was very critical, as we were out of state. Kathy was also a wonderful intermediary throughout the sale process – with contractors and the homeowners’ association. They have the resources to help with anything we needed, and as a result, everything went smoothly – from the initial meeting, to the staging & photos, to handling all the details that must be handled during this process, to the final closing. Kathy absolutely knows the market, the process, and sincerely has her clients’ best interest at heart. We have not ever experienced this level of service from any other realtor – they truly go the extra mile for their clients!